Chloramine T LR/AR is white colored powder which is most commonly used as mild disinfectant & biocide. It is also utilized as oxidizing agent for formation of iodine monochloride from iodide. This compound has molecular formula C7H7ClNO2S.Na with molar mass of 227.64 g/mol and density of 1.4 g/cm3. It finds application in hospitals, nursing homes, veterinary centers, and laboratories. Chloramine T LR/AR is also used as a protective agent for having ability to yield harmless crystalline sulfimide by reacting with mustard gas. It is water soluble in nature and shows density of about 1.4 g/cm3. This powder is available in completely sealed packing at reasonable prices for our respected clients.
- Utilized as biocide and disinfectant
- Best for iodine monochloride formulation
- Used in laboratories, veterinary centres and hospitals
- Capable to yield crystalline sulfimide
- Product Name : Chloramine T LR/AR
- PubChem CID : 3641960
- Chemical Names : Chloramine-T; CHLORAMINE T; 127-65-1; Chloralone; Chlorasan; Chlorozone
- Molecular Formula : C7H7ClNNaO2S
- Molecular Weight : 227.638 g/mol
- IUPAC Name : sodium;chloro-(4-methylphenyl)sulfonylazanide
- CAS No : 127-65-1
- EC Number : 615-172-8
- Description : chemical compound
- Monoisotopic Mass : 226.978 g/mol
- Exact Mass : 226.978 g/mol
- Compound Is Canonicalized : true
- Physical Description : WHITE SOLID IN VARIOUS FORMS WITH CHARACTERISTIC ODOUR.
- Color : White or slightly yellow crystals or crystalline powder
- Odor : Slight odor of chlorine
- Melting Point : 170-177 Â°C decomposes
- Flash Point : 192Â°C c.c. (trihydrate)
- Solubility : Insoluble in benzene, chloroform, and ether; decomposed by alcohol ; Soluble in water.
- Density : Density (trihydrate): 1.4 g/cm3