1-Naphthyl Acetic Acid LR/AR belongs to auxin family of plant hormones and finds application as important ingredient in various formulations that are intended to be used for horticulture. It is an organic compound with molecular formula C12H10O2 with molar mass of 186.210 g/mol. This chemical appears as white colored powder which is slightly water soluble in nature. It is also required for vegetative propagation from leaf & root cutting and for plant tissue culture as well. 1-Naphthyl Acetic Acid LR/AR is available at competitive rates in large quantities as requested by our clients. It is completely free from any impurities and is generally used in low concentrations for assuring positive effects.
- Greatly soluble in acetic acid and benzene
- Can be decomposed completely
- Emits irritating fumes and acrid smoke when burned
- Has odourless and colorless crystals
- Product Name : 1-Naphthyl Acetic Acid LR/AR
- IUPAC Name : 2-naphthalen-1-ylacetic acid
- CAS No : 86-87-3
- Molecular Formula : C12H10O2
- Molecular Weight : 186.21 g/mol
- Appearance : Whitish Powder
- Melting Point : 134.5 - 135.5 Â°C
- Assay : Min. 99%
- EC Number : 201-705-8
- Monoisotopic Mass : 186.068 g/mol
- Exact Mass : 186.068 g/mol
- Form : Solid
- Color : Colorless crystals
- Odor : Odorless
- Boiling Point : Decomposes
- Solubility : Slightly soluble in ethanol, trifluoroacetic acid; soluble in benzene and acetic acid; very soluble in ethyl ether, acetone, and chloroform.
- Decomposition : When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.